Data privacy is of high importance for Buifabrics and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data. We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected.
1. WHO IS THE CONTROLLER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Buifabrics is the Controller of the personal date you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
2. WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
The data that we collect from you is stored in Nigeria but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the Nigeria. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws.
For transfers outside the Nigeria, Buifabrics will use Standard Contractual Clauses and Shields as safeguards for countries without adequacy privacy protection laws.
3. WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR DATA?
We never pass on, sell, or swap your data for marketing purposes to third parties outside the Bui Enterprises.
We will only act as the personal data processor and processes the personal data.
Data that is forwarded to third parties, is only used to provide you with our services. You will find categories of third parties under every specific process below.
4. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
A. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We (or our service providers or business partners) may collect information that relates to you, including personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, phone number, mailing address, date of birth, gender, and demographic information.
1. Information You Provide When You Make a Purchase.
If you make a purchase from us, you will be required to provide a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), or other payment information depending on the form of payment you choose.
B. INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
Whenever you visit or interact with the Buifabrics, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about your online activity. This information may be collected in the following ways:
1. Usage Information:
2. Device Information:
We may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access Buifabrics Platforms, including the hardware model and mobile network information. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, provide Buifabrics Platforms, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page, email and mobile application movements/activities, help identify or gather broad demographic information for aggregate use, and retarget online and mobile advertisements to you across computers or devices you may use.
3. Geolocation Information:
We may collect information about the location of your Device when you access or use Buifabrics Platforms. In addition, if you choose to turn on your Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or other geolocation functionality when you use our mobile applications, we may collect and use your geolocation information.
4. Third Party Service Providers:
We may use third party service providers to support Buifabrics Platforms. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or other technologies to receive, collect, and store information on our behalf.
5. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use the information about you for a variety of business purposes, including for example:
- For Customer Service and Transactional Purposes, such as to:
- Respond to your questions or requests and provide customer service;
- Manage your order and complete your order;
- Troubleshoot issues, bugs or defects related to your account or order,
- Provide you with access to certain features of Buifabrics Platforms;
- Validate, confirm, verify, deliver, and track your order (including to arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, and contact you about your orders, including by email), and send you all purchases made on Buifabrics
- Verify your identity or communicate with you about your activities with respect to Buifabrics;
- To use and disclose your credit, debit or payment card or other financial information only to process payments and prevent fraud;
- Contact you with regard to your use of the Buifabrics Platforms;
- Develop new products or services and to enhance current products and services;
- Protect the security or integrity of the Buifabrics Platforms and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users; and
- For other purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent.
- For Advertising Customization and Analytics Purposes, such as to:
- Perform market research, understand the effectiveness of our competition or promotions and Buifabrics Platforms analytics and operations;
- Personalize and improve the Buifabrics Platforms and our products, services, offers and advertising made available on or outside the Buifabrics Platforms (including on other sites/ applications that you visit). For example, we may provide personalized or localized content, recommendations, features, and provide content or features that match your interests and preferences;
- Provide you with customized content, advertisements, offers and promotions offered by Buifabrics or on behalf of our partners and affiliates, and provide news and other information we think will be of interest to you on Buifabrics Platforms, in emails and across third-party websites;
- Link or combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs, use for interest-based or targeted advertising or re-targeting on your computers or other devices, and to provide you with better service; and
- Promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us.
7. WHAT IS THE LEGAL GROUND FOR PROCESSING?
For every specific process of personal data we collect from you, we will inform you whether the provision of personal data is statutory or required to enter a contract and whether it is an obligation to provide the personal data and possible consequences if you choose not to.
8. ACCESS AND UPDATES TO YOUR INFORMATION
If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your personal information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide our customers with the opportunity to update their information or opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfilment, or delivery of a product order or servicing of your product. To opt-out of marketing communications, you may:
Send us an e-mail at email@example.com or unsubscribe from our marketing email communications at any time by unsubscribing or following the instructions contained within the email.
9. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
10. OTHER SITES
The Buifabrics may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from service providers, fulfilment companies, advertisers, sponsors, or other business partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. We are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other web sites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit personal information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of the Buifabrics (including those linked to through an email or social networking page).
11. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
A. RIGHT TO ACCESS:
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact us and we will provide you with your personal data via e-mail.
B. RIGHT TO PORTABILITY:
Whenever we processes your personal data, by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
C. RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION:
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
D. RIGHT TO ERASURE:
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by us at any time except for the following situations:
- You have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
- You have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
- You have an unsettled debt with us, regardless of the payment method
- If you are suspected or have misused our services within the last four years
- If you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for book-keeping purposes
E. YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING BASED ON LEGITIMATE INTEREST:
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on our legitimate interest. We will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
F. YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT TO DIRECT MARKETING:
You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes.
G. YOU CAN OPT OUT FROM DIRECT MARKETING BY THE FOLLOWING MEANS:
(Following the instruction in each marketing emails)
H. RIGHT TO RESTRICTION:
You have the right to request that we restricts the process of your personal data under the following circumstances:
- If you object to a processing based Buifabrics legitimate interest, we shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
- If you have claim that your personal data is incorrect, Buifabrics must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data.
- If the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead.
- If Buifabrics no longer needs the personal data but it is required by you to defend legal claims.
12. CHANGES AND OTHER BUIFABRICS PRIVACY POLICIES